When you are ready to visit, we’re looking forward to welcoming you to The Inn at Burklyn!
We’ve been hard at work adapting and preparing for your next relaxing, peaceful, healthy AND safe visit. We are following the latest guidance from the Vermont Department of Public Health.
Our Commitment to You
We are taking the following steps to optimize safety:
- We are following recommended social distancing practices, including no-contact behaviors with guests.
- Sanitizing surfaces continuously.
- Frequently washing hands and using hand sanitizer when necessary.
- Maximizing natural ventilation in all spaces when practical.
We look forward to welcoming you to our historic property. While your overall experience will be as delightful as usual, here is what you should expect:
- Guest room management that allows maximum time between guest stays.
- A modified arrivals process that follows social distancing guidelines. Upon check-in, we will no longer give a tour of the building, but rather tell our guests about our property’s spaces and amenities.
- You do not have to visit the front desk upon departure. Please call us on the number we will provide you and let us know you are leaving. Make sure we have your email address on file so we can send you a receipt.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the property.
Our Housekeeping Protocols
We have always prided ourselves on maintaining a pristine environment for your enjoyment. At The Inn at Burklyn, we’re doubling down by:
- Enhanced cleaning protocols in all common spaces and continual cleanings of high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
- We have suspended evening turn-down services.
- Zero contact daily room refresh: Upon request we will leave linens, towels and amenities at your door. If you are staying more than 2 nights, upon request we can have the housekeeping staff change the linens and towels and clean the room.
We have taken important steps to keep you safe while dining, including:
- Establishing strict table and chair cleaning protocols between guest seatings.
- Breakfast will have seating options in our two dining rooms.
What We Ask of You
If during your stay you fall ill, we request that you seek immediate medical attention and notify us.
If before your visit you are not feeling well and show any symptoms of Covid-19 (fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell), please stay home and stay safe. We will happily re-book your stay.
We ask guests to fill out a Certificate of Compliance by the State of Vermont in compliance with the “Be Smart, Stay Safe Executive Order”. The Inn at Burklyn will provide the form to you when you check-in.
If you need to change your reservation, we are more than happy to move you to a different date. We understand these are unprecedented times and we will make every effort to accommodate you as best we can. Please review our Cancellation Policy.
As a local small business, we are so thankful for any and all support our guests continue to give us! If you would like to stay with us, but are unsure of a future date, please consider purchasing a gift certificate to use at a later time.
As our current situation changes, we will keep you abreast of any changes here at the Inn. In the meantime, we would love to hear from you! Please show your love on any of our social media platforms.Sincerely,
Marci and Jim Crone – Owners